Located in the south-east corner of Devil’s Lake State Park, this “lost world” requires visitors to be comfortable with everything from steep climbs, to ticks & rock-hop stream crossings. The reward for your effort is an amazing 20ft ephemeral waterfall (Possibly 2 depending on the season!) & a rushing mountain stream within a deep secluded gorge.
Expect steep 300 foot descent into the gorge, stream crossings, brushy, muddy & rocky terrain. The return ascent isn’t technical, but it is 300ft up a steep hill with no stairs.
Distance: 2.5 Miles
Gear Reminders: Mosquito/Tick Spray, Water & Snacks, Sturdy Boots, Walking Stick, Camera
Difficulty: Medium to Difficult.
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Time: Generally 9am
Meeting Location: Depends on destination
What We Provide:
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional guide
- Light snacks
- Schwag! 25oz souvenir water bottle
- Available: trekking poles, rain ponchos
What You Need:
- Snacks and water
- Basic outdoor clothing, rain jacket, and suitable footwear
- Small backpack or waistpack
- Bug Spray
- Trekking poles are recommended.
- Read the equipment list
Length: Half Day (3-4 hours)
|4 ppl +||$45/person|